lout-users

Letter style once again

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: Letter style once again
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:15:32 +0200

Hi,

I am very sorry for bothering you with the letter class once again,
but notwithstanding my real effort (and reading through whole
"Expert Guide" takes some effort especially for a lawyer :-), I have
not been able to create even simple letter in Lout.

It's even worse with me than bothering with letter class. I would like
to ask you to tell me how to make with Lout output simliar to one
which I could easily do with LaTeX (it seems to me that even
mentioning word TeX in this group is like talking about the rope in
hanged man's house).

Attached to this message is the example letter in LaTeX, in Lout,
and their respective outputs in PDF (via ghostscript 6.0 -- it's smaller
than PS.gz). Tell me, what's wrong with my Loutish letter? I am
especially concerned with opening phrase positioned somewhere
else?

Also, do you think it may be possible to create @Matej symbol (with
some tweaking possibly; in order to write my name correctly with
original Times font)?

        Have a nice day

                        Matej

@SysInclude { latin2 }
@SysInclude { doc }
import @BasicSetup
def @Matej { Mat | @OneRow { @Char caron ^/ e } | j }
def @FromAddr
    right x
    { //12vx { |1rt { { lines @Break x } | 1f @Wide {} } } //}
def @ToAddr
    right x
    { //1vx lines @Break x }
def @OpenPhrase
    right x
    { //2vx x }
def @ClosePhrase
    right x
    { //2vx { |3c x } }
def @Signature
    right x
    { //6vx { |21fo @HExpand { |0.5rt x } } }
def @URL
    right x
    { { Courier Base } @Font @Verbatim { x } }
def @Enclosure
    right x
    { //2vx { @B Enclosure: || lines @Break x } }

# to be completed when the rest works
# def @Letter
#     named @To {}
#     named @Opening {}
#     named @Closing { @CurrLang @Case {
#         Czech @Yield { S pozdravem }
#         English @Yield { Yours sincerely }
#         }
#     }
#     named @Sign { @Matej Cepl }
#     right @Body
# @Begin
#
# @FromAddr {
# @Matej Cepl
# Mexická 4
# 101 01 Praha 10
# phone (h): 02/717 24 791
# e-mail: @address@hidden
# }
#
# @ToAddr @To
#
# @OpenPhrase @Opening
#
# @Body
#
# @ClosePhrase @Closing
#
# @Signature @Sign
#
# @End @Letter
@Document
    @InitialBreak { unbreakablefirst unbreakablelast adjust hyphen 1.2fx }
    @InitialSpace { compress }
    @InitialLanguage { English }
    @InitialFont { Times Base 12p }
//
@Text @Begin

@FromAddr{
Matej Cepl
Mexická 4
101 01 Praha 10
phone (h): 02"/"717 24 791
e-mail: @address@hidden
}

@ToAddr {
@B { Augustinus Aurelius },
Bishop of Hippo
Carthago
}

@OpenPhrase { Dear brother, }

@LP Thank you for your letter from April 1, 2000, and let me answer to
your answer as follows:

@NumberedList

@ListItem { Concerning your proposal for ... },

@EndList

@ClosePhrase { Yours sincerely }

@Signature { @Matej Cepl }

@End @Text

\documentclass[12pt,czech,draft]{letter}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin2]{inputenc}
\usepackage{babel}
\usepackage{a4wide}
\usepackage{pslatex}
\usepackage{url}
\begin{document}

\address{Matěj Cepl\\
  Mexická 4\\
  101 00 Praha 10\\
  e-mail: address@hidden

\signature{Matěj Cepl}

\begin{letter}{ \textbf{Augustinus Aurelius},\\
    Bishop of Hippo\\
    Carthago}

  \opening{Dear brother,}

Thank your for your very warm letter from April 4, 2000, and let
me answer to your questions as follows:

\begin{enumerate}

\item Concerning the possibility of ...

\end{enumerate}

I wish you a lot of courage and love from our heavenly father.

\closing{Yours sincerely}

\end{letter}

\end{document}