lout-users

Re: [Fwd: Re: Letter style once again]

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Letter style once again]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:05:21 +0200

On 8 Apr 00, at 0:32, Albert Kinderman wrote:

> I'm afraid I have never done anything like what you are asking to do, but
> I believe I see some of what is happening.  I believe that Lout is at a
> point on the page, you tell it to move to another point to draw something,
> and then you tell it to draw something else.  However, the reference point
> for the second move, is not at the end of the first move, but the point
> directly to the right of the first point.  (actually think of objects or
> boxes, not points).  See below for comments.

As I understand things (see e.g. Expert's Guide, in lout version 3.19,
on page 74 -- definition of @PP and @LP symbols), there is nothing
like "reference point" in lout and whole loutish typesetting business
is putting together rectangular boxes of specific sizes. However, I
am just a lawyer, so I may be very wrong in this, and this should not
me an anything against your kind reply. Thanks.

                Have a nice day

                                                Matej Cepl