lout-users

Re : Gui for Lout

From: nijbhav
Subject: Re : Gui for Lout
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 03:45:04 +0400

        Indeed, this is really an ambitious and exciting project! I also would
like  to think of LyX when one thinks of GUI frontend for typesetting programs.
In fact, LyX uses the so called WYSIWYM concept and hence does not has to
meddle with the internals of TeX as it is mainly used to generate LateX code
while providing a WYSIWYM interface. It also uses ghostscript for ps viewing.
Hence I would think a similar program would be more easier to implement where a
WYSIWYM interface is provided to 'generate' Lout code.
        This project would surely bring Lout nearer to the common man who finds
it tedious to learn typesetting programs like Lout and LateX while appreciating
their beauty. In fact, this has been one of the very few reasons that has
impeded the popularity of Lout somewhat among the general public.
        Hence, Godspeed  you !
--
"Once a satyâgrahi, always a satyâgrahi"
Nikhil Bhavadâs K. <address@hidden>