lout-users

Attempt to make KOMA-Script style & OptimizePages troubles

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: Attempt to make KOMA-Script style & OptimizePages troubles
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 01:00:33 +0200

Hi,

I am very thankfull for all people who helped to create working lout
with Latin2 on Linux (actually, only TimesCE works correctly, other
fonts like PalatinoCE, SchoolbookCE, ends in Type3 after pushing
through ps2pdf - gs 6.01). In order to make my thanks visible and to
reutrn something to community, I tried to recreate report stlye to
emulate as close as possible KOMA-Script LaTeX package which I
have used to use with LaTeX (try to imagine rewriting original
LaTeX style by myself -- thanks Jeff for lout!).

When trying it on my biggest article - "Legal analysis of two free
licences under the Czech law" (it is roughly sixth format which I am
writing it in), I have tried even @OptimizePages option and the
result is highly unsatisfactory (Table of Contents broken in middle of
page, and some widows/orphans remaining including in section
headlines).

I have put all necessary files at
http://www.volny.cz/cepls/fre-en.zip

Would you comment on my question regarding pages optimization
as well as on article style, please?

                                Have a nice day

                                                        @Matej