lout-users

Re: SubSubSection's title to new page

From: robert . butora
Subject: Re: SubSubSection's title to new page
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:14:32 +0300 (EEST)

Thanks Matthew and Jeffrey,

I tried also @CNP, it had an effect but still left some
titles on previous page.

> Lout is supposed to check that there is at least three times the
> current font size available at the bottom of the page before it
> inserts a @SubSubSection header, and if not, to move the header
> to the top of the next page.

r: Yes, indeed: if I remove the @Box statement, then it inserts
some lines of the @VWTL {}. But, I guess, with @Box statement
all the @VWTL becomes one object of the size of the _whole_ list,
--> and of course that doesn't fit.

r: Wouldn't be possible to ask for the _size_ of the next object
following the title ? rather then conditioning by the
font size. (This contains implicit assumption that text follows
the title; however, Section can start with whatever
Figure, Table etc...)

> If this is what you want and you aren't getting it, then feel
> free to send me your Lout source file and I'll check it out here.

r: Thanks. I downsized my document to contain only the Sections
in question and inluded in attach.
The 'all.ps' file is what I'm getting here.

BR
Robert