lout-users

Re: Version 3.23 of Lout now re-installed

From: Mike Dowling
Subject: Re: Version 3.23 of Lout now re-installed
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:13:53 +0200

The first time lout-3.22 and lout-3.23 are called using teq-2.4, lout
complains that /usr/local/share/lout/data/texfonts.lix and
/usr/local/share/lout/data/texfonts.li don't exist.  Once created and
made world readable and world writable, my experience was that, after a
single run of lout, I could then remove the world writability.  Here, I
set

LIBDIR  = /usr/local/share/lout

in the makefile.

Is this behaviour deliberate?

My suspicion is that were I to make more complex use of lout-teq, then I
would once again have to make these files world writable, and I feel
very uneasy about making system files world writable.

Cheers,
Mike