lout-users

Hebrew and two questions

From: Efraim Yawitz
Subject: Hebrew and two questions
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:10:09 -0800 (PST)

Here is my Hebrew patch again, hopefully a bit improved.  I submitted it
to the Israel Linux Users Group, but the attachment was removed.  So far,
the only responses I have gotten were from two people who seemed to like
TeX better; I think that Lout is very underpublicized.  I hope someone
will be interested.

A couple of questions:
1) Are there any real 'control structures' in Lout besides @Case and
recursion?  For instance, how can I make a loop to do something
repeatedly, or is that just not what Lout is about?
2) What has to be changed to make Lout use Unicode?  Do you just have to
change the #define of FULL_CHAR and of AsciiToFull, or are there more
internals.  I'm not trying this yet, but I want to know what the scope of
it is.

Thanks,

Ephraim