lout-users

Re: nested lists

From: Albert Kinderman
Subject: Re: nested lists
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:51:07 -0800

Abel Morabito wrote:

> Dear louters,
>
> I'm working with nested lists. By now I've succesfully done something like
> this
>
> @List
> indent {2f}
>     @List
>     indent {4f}
>     @EndList
> @EndList
>
> I'd like to know if there's a way to avoid typing 'indent {...}' and make
> nested lists automatically.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Abel Morabito, address@hidden

You didn't indicate your use of parentheses, nor the type of list
you wanted.  For example

@NumberedList
@ListItem {
    first list item
        @AlphaList
        @ListItem {first sublist item}
        @ListItem {second sublist item}
        @EndList
          }
@ListItem {second list item}
@EndList

produces indented lists as follows:

1.   first list item
     a.   first sublist item
     b.   second sublist item
2.   second list item

Note that the a and b are aligned with the first and second of the
main list items.

Since @IndentedList is one of the options, you can have indented
sublists automatically (but you still type "indented."  (I believe
that @IL is for InitialLanguage, not IndentedList.)

Al
--
Albert Kinderman      Department of Management Science
       California State University, Northridge