lout-users

Re: Errors?

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: Errors?
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:08:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi, Raúl,

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:

>     Hello Oliver :)
>
> >z03.c: In function `SearchPath':
> >z03.c:640: warning: `y' might be used uninitialized in this function
>
>     Warnings like that are caused by the paranoid way GCC catches
> uninitialized variables.

Who is paranoid?

In the Makefile I found this line:
COPTS   = -ansi -pedantic -Wall

So, paranoia is wanted. :-)

> GCC doesn't examine the following code to
> see whether those variables are initialized or not.

gcc can not decide, if the following assignments are
correct initializations. So, it's good to have a paranoid
compiler.

> The code is
> perfectly correct ;)

Hmhhh, but it doesn't work, even if only warings
and no compile-errors occur.

So: what do I have to do to get lout 3.24 working?

Ciao,
   Oliver