lout-users

Re: Sentence-end punctuation

From: Giovanni Salmeri
Subject: Re: Sentence-end punctuation
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 22:57:36 +0200

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:55:10 +0200
Giovanni Zezza <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:14:38 +0200, Giovanni Salmeri scriveva:
>
> >By the way, here are some little corrections to do in standard.ld (the
> >line commented out is the one which actually appears in the file):
> >
> >#    Italian @Yield { Contenuto }
> >    Italian  @Yield { Indice }
>
> Indeed, I think I never found "Contenuto" in any italian book. Still I find
> "Sommario" a better (o anyway another correct and used) name

Yes, "Indice" and "Sommario" are both largely used. Some publishers use
"Sommario" (e.g. Vita e Pensiero, sometimes Rizzoli), others (seemingly
most of them) use "Indice" (Mondadori, Einaudi, Editori Riuniti, Studium
etc.). Only Laterza uses "Indice del volume", Rizzoli sometimes "Indice
generale". Moreover, some publishers put it at the beginning of the book
(*before* the Preface, not after), some at the end. In Italian there are
very few fixed things!

Giovanni Salmeri
Piazza dell'Alberone 2
I-00181 Roma RM