lout-users

Re: LOUT and XML

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: LOUT and XML
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:08:09 +0200

Il Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:19:54 +0400 (MSD), Dick Kampman scriveva:

>Do you have plans to translate LOUT to be an XML-dialect in the near future?

I guess the answer is something like: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It was about so, anyway, all previous times this question arose.

What I don't understand, though, is what this has to do with
"interchangeability" and, by the way, what exactly do you mean by
"interchangeability".

Isn't XML a "language" like any other one, that you need something to
traslate it into another one (and sometimes you can't, whatever "something"
you get)?

Ciao.