lout-users

Re: Asking for Chinese-Louting information

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Asking for Chinese-Louting information
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:50:30 +0400

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 16:25:29 +0800, Zhongtao Zhu wrote:

> [1] Is there a Chinese-Louting project?

No.

> [2] Is there any person who is interested in Chinese-Louting?

I don't know.

Using lout for CJK typesetting will require quite a bit of work.
Support for multibyte input and support for CID-keyed fonts pops to
mind.  Also, I don't know about Chinese, but e.g. Japanese has its own
distinct typographic rules (the "grid", can't remember the term at the
moment) and I have no idea how hard it would be to accommodate them in
lout model.

SY, Uwe