lout-users

Re: Is anybody still using lout?

From: Samuel Lacas
Subject: Re: Is anybody still using lout?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:06:04 +0200

Henning von Bargen a écrit 0.1K le Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:42:01PM +0200:
# Not much traffic in this list.
# I wonder if anybody is still using lout?
# Henning

Well, at least, I am. Currently, but silently :)

Here is some fodder for the list, but please, no war
on PDF-vs-PS. I was just wondering why the @IncludeGraphic
command could only accept "eps" files, in the sense that it seems to
imply that it no longer works with the PDF backend, because
translation from EPS to PDF is not an easy task.
I mean, translating "at hand" an image into EPS for including it into
a Lout doc does not bother me, but I'm quite frustrated to have no way
to include any graphics at all when I produce PDF.

I haven't dug very deep into the PDF spec, but there seem to be an
XImage object intended to be a container for various image types, from
which it may be not very hard to construct a patch for the PDF backend
for the @IncludeGraphic; but I may be completely wrong.

sL