lout-users

Re: Is anybody still using lout?

From: Thorsten Seitz
Subject: Re: Is anybody still using lout?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:44:12 +0200

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Henning von Bargen wrote:
> Not much traffic in this list.
> I wonder if anybody is still using lout?
> Henning

I'm using it for letters, program generated output (I've written a small
module for Haskell to create lout documents) and for a book with rules for a
role playing game. The latter makes heavy use of Lout features with lots of
definitions, e.g. for automatic creation of a glossary.

Before I discovered Lout I used LaTeX for all these things, but nowadays I
don't use it anymore, because new definitions or installation of new fonts or
creation of new styles is much easier with Lout.

Thanks to Jeff for his great work!

-Thorsten