lout-users

Figure Numbers in EPS

From: Albert Kinderman
Subject: Figure Numbers in EPS
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:55:51 -0800

I am trying to prepare separate EPS files of several figures for
submission with a paper.

I am using the following lout code (abbreviated):

@SysInclude {graph}
@SysInclude {picture}
@Illustration
address@hidden
        @Location {Raw}
address@hidden { @Data {the data here}}}
}

The figure is produced correctly by lout -EPS as an EPS file with
no surrounding white space.  However, the figure is not numbered.
The error message is as follows (repeated for multiple runs):

no @FigureCounterMarker preceds this
@FigureCounterMarker&&preceding
no @FigurePrefixMarker preceds this @FigurePrefixMarker&&preceding
no @PageMarker preceds this @PageMarker&&preceding

Two questions:
1) How do I get the Figure numbered?
2) If I can get the Figure numbered, can I set the starting
number?  The first figure should be Figure 1 and the second should
be Figure 2, but since the second figure is in a separate file, I
assume I have to tell lout to start the second figure numbering at
number 2.

As a work-around, I assume I can make the "Figure 2. figure
caption" as part of the graph belowcaption, but I would prefer to
have lout produce the figure number and caption.

Al

--
Albert Kinderman      Department of Management Science
       California State University, Northridge