lout-users

Re: Figure Numbers in EPS

From: Albert Kinderman
Subject: Re: Figure Numbers in EPS
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:56:26 -0800

Jeff Kingston wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:49:56 -0800, Albert Kinderman wrote:
>   >
>   > I noticed another
>   > problem.  The left caption and left tick marks of the graph are
>   > not included in the eps file.
>
> See the discussion of this issue in the Captions section of the @Graph
> chapter of the User's Guide, in particular the hidecaptions option.
>
> Jeff

Thanks!  I've got it now.  I had read that section of the user's
guide, but concentrated on the use of hidecaptions for centering.
hidecaptions {no} solved that problem.  An additional problem is
that eps stops at the edge of the object.  For a graph in a frame
with captions above, below, and left, the right edge is the right
edge of the frame, the top edge is the top of the highest
character in the abovecaption, the left edge is the leftmost part
of the left caption, etc.

For other users creating eps files of graphs: to put any spacing
around your graph, use both @Wide and @Display.  From my
understanding, @Display adds vertical space above and below, and
the @Wide (if wider than the graph) adds the horizonal space.  I
ended up with

@SysInclude { graph }
@SysInclude { picture }
@Illustration
13c @Wide
{
@Display
@Graph
  hidecaptions {no}
  width {10 cm }
  height {10 cm }
  leftgap {2.0 cm }
  leftcaption {90d @Rotate{slope of lnFatalities}}
  belowcaption {slope of ln (Average Hourly Earnings) }
  abovecaption {+2p @Font {Changes in Wages vs Fatalities}}
@Data ....

Extra note:  I ask questions on several lists.  This list provides
answers to the greatest percentage of questions and the answers
are of the highest quality.   Thanks to everyone who contributes!

Al

--
Albert Kinderman      Department of Management Science
       California State University, Northridge