lout-users

Re: postscript orientation problem

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: postscript orientation problem
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 00:45:48 +0300

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 17:13:57 +0000, Barrie Stott wrote:

> When lout produces a document in portrait mode, the origin is in the
> lower left corner. However, when it's in landscape mode, the origin
> is on the top left corner. What I am trying to do is get a lout
> document with several pages on one sheet using pstops. Since I want
> to be able to deal with both portrait and landscape documents, it
> would be very nice to have the origin in the same place for both.

What exactly are you trying to do with pstops?  Lout will always
render the page into A4 sized, portrait oriented piece of paper but
will rotate the text appropriately.

> @PageType { Other } @PageWidth { 29.7c } @PageHeight { 21c } for landscape
> @PageType { Other } @PageWidth { 21c } @PageHeight { 29.7c } for portrait
>
> Everything worked well until it came time to print.  Then, if a
> document was really landscape, stuff was readable if the paper was
> viewed with the long side vertical (as in portrait mode) but the top
> of the sheet was empty and the right hand side of the text flowed
> off the right hand side of the paper.

Well, you tell it you've got 30c wide page, when in reality it's 21c
wide, no wonder the top of the sheet is empty and the right side of
the text runs off the paper.

SY, Uwe