lout-users

Re: References to web sites

From: Robert Feldt
Subject: Re: References to web sites
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:29:21 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Jeff Kingston wrote:

> I think you should use the type of whatever document is at the end
> of the link: tech report, journal article, etc.  The fact that a
> document is accessed via a URL rather than by wandering over to the
> library and grabbing a journal does not affect what type of document
> it is.

But the thing is that there is no "document" at the end of the link. Only
the page itself. I can artificially assign it to one of the existing
Lout categories but my question is on the need for another and new
category for web pages/documents/sites. I would think that this
situation will be increasingly common in the future.

And yes, it may not be there tomorrow but it is there now and I'm
referring to it so I need to have a way to get a reference to it in
Lout. And in this case its the Principia Cybernetica Web which has been
around for close to 10 years so can be considered stable by
Internet-standards.

But maybe I'm missing your point; sorry...

Thanks for your replies,

Robert