lout-users

Problem including EPS made by Photoshop

From: Robert Feldt
Subject: Problem including EPS made by Photoshop
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:32:35 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I need to have a screenshot of a GUI window in one of my reports. I
thought I've found a way by capturing a screenshot of the window as a GIF
and then converting it to EPS in Photoshop. I get an EPS alright and can
view it without problems in Gsview but when I include it in the report
Lout 3.24 says:

$ lout t.lt > t.ps
lout file "t.lt":
    33,1: @IncludeGraphic deleted (bad first line in file browser.eps)

Anyone knows what causes this and how it can be solved? Are there other
ways to do the conversion (in photoshop or some other program) so that
this doesn't happen.

Any info appreciated. I desperately need to fix this ASAP so any info is
valuable!

Thanks,

Robert Feldt