lout-users

Re: Courier text overwritten by following text

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Courier text overwritten by following text
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:43:03 +1100

I tested this here and it was fine for me.

In any case it's caused by confusion over the width of the
characters.  Lout comes with "font metrics" files that you
can find in directory "font" of the distribution.  These
determine how big Lout thinks all the characters are.  There
is nothing wrong with the file for Courier.  What is happening
is that your display device (screen or printer) has a different
opinion about the width of these characters.  It presumably
does not know how to calculate Courier 7p, so it has substituted
some other size (or even font) instead, whose widths differ.

Jeff Kingston