lout-users

Re: Courier text overwritten by following text

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: Re: Courier text overwritten by following text
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:27:55 +0000

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 09:24:27AM +0000, Barrie Stott wrote:
> Suppose I have the following in a document set at 12pt ( and there is
> nothing special about the `mmmmm' text):
>
>       mmmmm {Courier Bold -5p} @Font {mmmmm} mmmmm
>
> I would have expected the spaces between the three mmmmm's to be
> similar but that between the second two depends on the Courier text
> with some Courier text causing a nasty overlap. This prompts a couple
> of questions.
>
> Is this normal behaviour? Can anything be done to overcome it?
>
> In case it is relevant I have a Debian Sarge system running lout-3.24.

I'm pleased to say that both my questions were sufficiently answered
for me to proceed by myself.

It seems that everything should display properly (Q1) and it's
probably my Debian sarge fonts which are faulty (Q2). Armed with this,
I powered up an old machine which didn't have the suspect sarge fonts
and my .ps file was displayed properly.

Many thanks to those who replied and no further replies are needed.

Barrie.