lout-users

Re: Lout, Illustrator, and postscript

From: Joe Beach
Subject: Re: Lout, Illustrator, and postscript
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:50:46 -0700

Ah, ligatures is the word, not kerning. I knew there was something
special about "fi" and other such character combinations, but I'm not a
font guru so I don't know the right words.

> Anyway, if you do explain all this to them, I suggest you
> be prepared from soem glazed eyes, and also it might be
> prudent to do it from the doorway of the shop, to facilitate
> a quick getaway.

Yes, that had occurred to me also. I think I'll just have to eat the
expense on this one, and know better next time. Thanks for pointing out
how to disable ligatures.

Joe