lout-users

Re: Margin kerning

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Margin kerning
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:46:35 +0200

> Below is a patch against Lout 3.30 (assuming you have already applied
> [1]) that adds margin kerning to Lout.  It adds two new options to the
> address@hidden' symbol, namely `marginkerning' and `nomarginkerning' which
> enable/disable it.  By default, margin kerning is disabled.  The only
> thing one needs to do to enable it is add `marginkerning' to
> address@hidden', for instance.

[...]

> I'd be glad if other people could give it a try and comment on it.

Wow, this is pretty cool!  It makes narrow columns in particular look
much better.

It seems, however, that it interacts negatively with @OptimizePages;
if it is set to Yes, Lout dumps core in the second run--at least with
the one document on which I've tested it.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <address@hidden>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt>