lout-users

Re: Is there a way to force the table of contents to an even page?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Is there a way to force the table of contents to an even page?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:07:59 +1100

It's a bit hard to see what you are getting at, particularly
by the term "data page", which I don't understand at all.
Also, I gather you are using the Book document type, since
you have pages numbered i and ii, but in that case, it's hard
to see how page i could be empty, since it's the title page.

Anyway, I think the short answer is that there is no way to
force the table of contents of a book onto an even page, but
people generally don't need such a thing anyway.  I've just
opened three books at random, and the table of contents was
on an odd-number (right, recto) page in each case.

In such cases it is usually a lot easier to get to like what
Lout provides than it is to force it to do what it has not been
set up to do.  If getting to like it is impossible for some
reason, let us know why, and that will help us to understand
your problem.

Jeff Kingston