lout-users

Filter input/parsing timing

From: Nathan Bell
Subject: Filter input/parsing timing
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:54:37 -0600

Hello again,

Sorry about the previous "Filter problem" e-mail. I didn't work out my test case very well. The real problem I'm having is that lout seems to be passing along symbols, rather than values to a filter application. This is demonstrated below with the sort command (only on *nix). When the input to both @Works and @Broken is the same (ie Fred, Barney, Wilma) the output is expected to be the same (ie Barney, Fred, Wilma). However, since @Broken passes the names @a, @b, @c along to the filter application, the output is always the same as the input (ie Fred, Barney, Wilma).

Is there a way to force lout to analyze the value of @a, @b, and @c before it passes them along to the filter?

def @Works
right x
{