lout-users

Filter problem

From: Nathan Bell
Subject: Filter problem
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:23:10 -0600

Hello everyone,

I've been having trouble correctly implementing a filter in lout. I created and tested the filter manually, but when I went to integrate it into my existing document, the results were no longer what I expected. Here's a little example the shows the problem I'm having (works on *nix machines only, and yes I know this particular filter isn't very useful, but it's easier to demonstrate the problem):

def @Works
right x
{
def @Filter { cat @FilterIn > @FilterOut }
{
lines @Break x
} @Graphic {}
}

def @Broken
named @n {}
{
  @Works address@hidden
}
@SysInclude {doc}
@Doc @Text @Begin

Test here: //
@Works {(Test) show}
@Broken {(Test) show}
// end test

@End @Text

I would expect to see TestTest as the output, but instead see Test(Test) show.

Any insight into what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.