lout-users

Suggestions for utilizing Lout's SF account

From: KHMan
Subject: Suggestions for utilizing Lout's SF account
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:11:33 +0800

Hi all,

Good news! Valeriy has adjusted the list of SF admins and I now
have admin status. So now I open to the floor for discussion.

Very recent changes temporary (SF):
(a) "Web Site" now pointed to http://www.qtrac.eu/lout.html
(b) http://lout.sourceforge.net/ now also redirects there
(c) Old wiki renamed to http://lout.sourceforge.net/index_ORIG.php

What I have been doing on SF:
(a) Mirror source releases on SF (Lout is also mirrored by CTAN; I
download from CTAN as I seem to be blocked by Jeff's ftp server)
(b) Basic Win32 binaries
(c) Basic PS and PDF document set

Generally, I spend an hour or so doing the above for each release,
so the manpower I can put in is limited (but pretty sustainable).

What we need (big items):
(a) More admins, we need personnel redundancy
(b) A more permanent website, informative yet maintainable, at SF
or at Jeff's site or at Mark's site?

For (b), any ideas? I leave it to someone here to take it up. I
have my doubts about a wiki, but it really depends on how much
effort we can expend on maintenance in the long term. If we make
plans, can we sustain the effort?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)