lout-users

Re: is it possible to do double underlining?

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: is it possible to do double underlining?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:16:21 +0100

On 2008-05-15, Jeff Kingston wrote:
> I don't think it would be possible to do high quality double
> underlining, because the PostScript fonts say where to put
> an underline and how thick to make it, but they are silent
> on double underlining.
>
> If it's continuous double underlining then I would say the
> case is hopeless.  If it's just underlining single words
> or non-adjustable sequences of words within one line, no
> doubt it would be possible to hack something up.

OK. I'll use a combination of underlining and shading (using @Box with
no line or margin and painting in light grey) instead.

Thanks!

PS It does seem to me that just as you can have

    @Box linewidth{none}margin{0c}paint{lightgray}{some text}

it would be nice to be able to have

    @LineUnder linewidth{0.5p}style{single}{some text}
and