lout-users

Looking for Win32 port champion

From: KHMan
Subject: Looking for Win32 port champion
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:19:55 +0800

Hi all,

I won't update the MinGW Win32 port anymore. Sorry, I'll flog myself in penance. :-) I'll happily add the SF dev credentials for a champion who thinks the port is worthwhile and can keep at it for at least a year or two.

Some of the things the champion can do is:

(a) factor out Win32-specific code to a /contrib/mingw directory and lobby Jeff to get it into mainline sources (b) make a proper native port, also checking security compatibility with newer Win32 requirements and in Vista
(c) make Lout compile on other C compilers
(d) write a spiffy installer
(e) make cute application icons
etc.

I'll be putting up a Cygwin Lout wiki page later, after trawling the list archives, reading Uwe's older stuff and googling.

[This is not a slight at anybody. Change, or even disappearance of developers is common. I am just making a move earlier.]

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)