lout-users

Re: Looking for Win32 port champion

From: Remo Dentato
Subject: Re: Looking for Win32 port champion
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:44:50 +0200

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Jeff Kingston <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Remo Dentato" <address@hidden>, Sun Aug 17:
>> Jeff, would it be possible to have access to the next version
>> before you release it?
>
> Yes, but only for a limited time.  It might be better to sort out
> any issues on the current release first, post your plans to the
> list for comment, and make a proposal that I can consider for
> inclusion in 3.37.

Hi Jeff, if possible, I would prefer to start from the candidate 3.37 source.

This new version may be already completely portable on Windows or
might have new incompatibilities that where not in the previous one.

If you could allow a preview of the new code, we could highlight the
possible compatibility issues and discuss possible solutions on the
list (or we can create a new one on Sourceforge, say lout-dev, to
avoid polluting lout-users).

This way you would have more information to make any decision about
including a change in the official release.

Of course nothing prevents us to do have such discussion after you
release the 3.37 version and you could use the information for a
future release. On the other hand, if changes are minimal you might
want to have this version already more portable.

Remo