lout-users

Re: Gaps in some @Math symbols?

From: Colin Klipsch
Subject: Re: Gaps in some @Math symbols?
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:04:05 -0400

On Sep 29, 2008, at 3:49 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

Colin Klipsch <address@hidden> writes:

The only Symbol font I'm aware of on my system is Apple's own.

Apple's `Symbol' font is noticeably different from Adobe's.

How irritating.

I would recommend using URW++'s version, which is visually the same as
Adobe's but is free and ships with Ghostscript.

Right. I actually have now tried using Adobe's own Symbol font, taken from an older version of Adobe Reader.

 To do so, you can for
instance convert your PostScript file to PDF such that all required
fonts are included:

 $ ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress foo.ps

This is working great. Incidentally, is there a particular reason to prefer /prepress over /printer ?

I appreciate the tips, Ludovic.

-- Colin K.