lout-users

Re: Version 3.38 of Lout now available

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Version 3.38 of Lout now available
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:51:51 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden (Jeff Kingston) writes:

>> Did you have a chance to look into
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.type-setting.lout/1241 ?
>> (The 3.37 news suggested that you did.)
>
> Yes, the problem was roundoff error, and as I said:
>
> Rounding error in some uses of @Scale (reported by Courtes) reduced
>
> "Reduced" does not mean "eliminated", unfortunately.  If it is
> causing problems for you still I could look into doing something
> more radical to get rid of it completely.

It's true that it's annoying.  The particular example that allowed me to
notice the problem was when trying to add a banner that would span over
the whole page width, for on-screen display (slides), where the problem
is noticeable.  I can imagine similar, more general scenarios would
trigger the bug (e.g., filling a zero-margin box).

Now, I have no idea how much effort it would take to completely
eliminate it, so I can't say whether it's "worth it".

Thanks,
Ludo'.