[Ltib] Several Questions...

From: Morrison, Tom
Subject: [Ltib] Several Questions...
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:39:51 -0500

Prelude:

  I am working on MPC8548E based platform (and we have the associated CDS for debug).

  Our platform is an embedded one that has multiple applications that are running on the platform.

  I downloaded the LTIB infrastructure today (perl netinstall). I am very new to this list, and

  I am sorry if any of these questions were covered before (and give a reference to this discussion)…

Here are my first 3 questions:

a)     I want BOOST to be a part of the packages for this build – but it does NOT

not come up as an option (even though the spec is available in dist/lfs-5.1

b)     How do I update/include a pkg to a newer version than what is in LTIB (for example: boost)

c)     If I have applications to run, where will the libraries and include files be located

to compile against (my guess is rootfs/usr/src/)?

Tom Morrison
Principal Software Engineer

EMPIRIX
20 Crosby Drive