[Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo

From: Ken Gilmer
Subject: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:37:38 -0500

Hello :)

I'm trying to get LTIB up and running on a Gentoo box. I've used the netinstall perl script from the site. Initially, LTIB complained about several packages not installed. I was able to install all but one: libstdc++. Gentoo's package manager has an entry for libstdc++, yet after emerging that package, LTIB still does not see it:

$ ./ltib
Don't have HTTP::Request::Common
Don't have LWP::UserAgent
Cannot test proxies, or remote file availability without both
HTTP::Request::Common and LWP::UserAgent

ltib cannot be run because one or more of the host packages needed
to run it are either missing or out of date.

Please install/upgrade these packages and then re-try.

Package                Minimum ver   Installed info