Re: [Ltib] linux modules build question

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] linux modules build question
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:04:10 +0100

Hi Dave,

The only thing I'd expect in rootfs/usr/src/linux is the kernel headers.

The correct place (as you found) for interaction with the kernel sources
is rpm/BUILD/linux.

It may be worth a look at the kernel module example (use ./ltib -p
hello_mod -m prep) and spec file
(dist/lfs-5.1/helloworld/hello_mod.spec).  In particular there is a
README which has a little information and some links.  Also the Makefile
is a reasonably representative example of one way to build a kernel
module.

Regards, Stuart