[Ltib] GDB on ltib

From: John Weber
Subject: [Ltib] GDB on ltib
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:22:59 -0500

I'm a little new at this.

I'm trying to debug an application running on an i.MX27 ADS kit.  I have gdbserver running on the kit with no problems (as far as I know).

I'm trying to debug a project in the mxc-misc package ( i.MX test code).

I have created an unstripped version of the binary I'm trying to debug using the -g switch.  I've pointed gdb at the rootfs for the shared libraries and at the project directory to search for the source code.

The problem occurs when, in gdb, I attached to the target.  GDB looks into a directory:
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/crosstool/source/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/config/arm/lib1func.asm

The problem is - there aren't any files beyond the /usr/src/redhat/BUILD directory, so gdb doesn't find anything.

Can someone tell me where the source files that GDB is looking for might actually be or how I can go about putting them where the should go?

Thanks,
John