Re: [Ltib] GDB on ltib

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] GDB on ltib
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:58:34 +0100

Hi John,

I'm away next week so this is my last post for a while.

When LTIB builds, it uses rpm which cleans up the sources after it
finishes building each package.

You can stop this happening by doing:

$ ./ltib -p <package> --leavesrc

Note also that normally files build in:
<your_ltib_dir>/rpm/BUILD/<pkg-dir>

Normally most packages will have used -g and so should be okay for
debugging (but you may want to alter the -O level to make it a bit more
sane).

Your path
of /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/crosstool/source/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/config/arm/lib1func.asm
looks a bit suspicious (did you build it there by hand?).

If you got the BSP from Freescale, you may want to send a report request
there:

   * go to http://www.freescale.com
   * click on "Support / Technical support"
   * click on "Submit a Service Request"
   * register to get a user name and password.
   * login in with your user name and password
   * on the "New Service Request" page:
      * category = Technical Request
      * topic = Linux BSP
      * Click on "Continue"
   * fill out the information for the service request
   * click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

Regard, Stuart