Re: [Ltib] How can I use the latest kernel version on MPC8349ITX board?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How can I use the latest kernel version on MPC8349ITX board?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:05:58 +0100

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads-up. I had a couple of points:

You shouldn't need to do this step:

> Switch from ppc to powerpc architecture:  Edit main.lkc (I think
> that's the file) and set LINTARCH to powerpc.

When the kernel builds (dist/lfs-5.1/kernel/kernel-common.tmpl) if it
detects CONFIG_PPC_MERGE=y in the seed kernel config file, it will
override the setting of ARCH=ppc to be ARCH=powerpc

Regarding:

> Fix the dts files from Windows line endings to Linux/Unix line
endings. (bug)

Is this present in the 2.6.21.5 kernel source from kernel.org (if not
where was it from).  I'll report this back.

Regards, Stuart