[Ltib] Building GCC 4.x for MPC8548

From: Davis, Scott (AGRE)
Subject: [Ltib] Building GCC 4.x for MPC8548
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:25:42 -0600

I decided to use crosstool-0.42 with gcc-4.1.0-glibc-2.3.6.dat.  My ultimate goal is to build Ada compiler for MPC8548 with the double precision hardware floating point extended instruction set.  I tried using the LTIB src rpm but the build fails when trying to build gnat-crosstools.  It appears as if the build is trying to use my host native Ada library files instead of the gcc/ada in the gcc-3_4 tar ball that is apart of the Freescale src rpm.

Now I am ssing crosstools and setup above it fails as well even though I am using gcc-4.x+ which should have the 8548 extensions built-in or at least can build them into gcc

The build fails as follows:
Checking for suffix of object files... Configure: error: can not compute suffix of objecs files: cannot compile See `config.log` for more details.

The root of the problem is from what I figured out is below:
I configure crosstools with in a .dat file with
EXTRA_TARGET_CFLAGS="-mcpu=8548 -mhard-float -mfloat-gprs=double" and mcpu is bad as well and this is the problem that causes the build to fail.  I am using gcc-4.1.0 and glibc-2.3.6 which I believe should work from previous emails.

The config.log in build-glibc states that -mfloat-gprs=double is an invalid option
and bad value (8548) for -mcpu=switch

Any help on this one.  I realize this is not a crosstools mailing list but I was wondering if you ran into this problem building LTIB gcc toolchains with crosstools.

<<gcc-4.1.0-glibc-2.3.6.dat>> <<demo-ppc8548.sh>> <<powerpc-8548.dat>>
Scott Davis
GE
Aviation
Digital Systems
Software Engineer

T 616 224 6659
F 616 241 8707
E address@hidden
www.ge.com/aviation

3290 Patterson Ave, SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512, U.S.A.

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.