Re: [Ltib] how to prevent /etc/inittab to be overwritten during kernel c

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] how to prevent /etc/inittab to be overwritten during kernel compilation
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:43:22 +0100

Hi Claudia,

etc/inittab is a dynamically generated file in LTIB.
To change the contents you need to edit:
dist/lfs-5.1/sysconfig/sysconfig.spec (around line 129) and enter there
the inittab file you want.

Ideally it would be better to handle this by updating
config/userspace/sysconfig.lkc and/or config/userspace/deployment.lkc
and the sysconfig.spec to be able to handle this based on the selection
of some option (depending on what you're trying to do).

What is it in inittab that needs changing, can you explain as maybe it's
something that needs to be done for the general case.

Regards, Stuart