Re: [Ltib] how to prevent kernel compilation destroying my custom device

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] how to prevent kernel compilation destroying my custom device files
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:55:06 +0100

Hi Claudia,

All LTIB root filesystem files are under package management, so any
local changes you make to a file will be overwritten next time the
package owning this file is built.

The devices (depending on selection) as created in the dev package (see
dev.spec).

You need to update bin/device_table.txt (or possibly
bin/device_genromfs.txt) and add the new devices you want to this file.
The rebuild the dev package (./ltib -p dev -f)

Regards, Stuart