[Ltib] serial interface read problem

From: Mehrdad Salami
Subject: [Ltib] serial interface read problem
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:34:16 +1100

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to access a serial port in raw format. I am using the ltib linux distribution for freescale coldfire chips. The port is defined as UART but I set the port to work in raw format by running

>stty raw -F /dev/tts/3

However I can't read from the port correctly.

I open the port in user space like

fd=open("/dev/tts/3", O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY | O_NODELAY | O_NONBLOCK);

and write into the port as

write(fd,buf_out,len);

which works correctly.
However I can't read from the port using

read(fd,buf_in,len);

The port receive all characters and I can write the characters from lower level functions in kernel space on console. However the read function return -1 which is obviously no success. I tried to delay read but still can't read characters.

I am not sure if the open flags are not correct, or read and write procedures are not correct.

Another question : Is there any way to open the port in raw format without running the stty command.

Thanks

Mehrdad