[Ltib] Re: add new package

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: [Ltib] Re: add new package
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:37:39 +0000

Hi Henry,

In addition to creating a new spec file and putting the referenced
source tarball in /opt/freescale/pkgs, you also need to introduce the
package to the config system.  There are 2 parts to this:

* You need to add an entry in config/userspace/packages.lkc (this is in
alphabetic order).  This makes the new package selectable from the LTIB
config system.

* Then you need to add an entry to dist/lfs-5.1/common/pkg_map

This gives both a mapping from the CONFIG_PKG_xxx symbol in the config
system and it also controls the build order of the package.

If you take a look at the FAQ
http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html
it's described in the sections:
  'How can I add a completely new package to the root filesystem'
and
  'How do I introduce my new package to the config system'

Regards, Stuart