Re: [Ltib] Add new package

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Add new package
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:46:20 +0000

Hi Henry,

All the correct defaults for the common parts of a spec file are
indicated in dist/lfs-5.1/template/template.spec

See inline for specfic answers to questions:

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 23:33 -0700, hong zhang wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> I have to put full name ./ltib -m prep -p DFBTerm.spec
> and goes through. It also checks website gpp.
>
> Here is questions ltib scripts used in spec
>
> 1. what is defalut for pfx?

/opt/freescale/rootfs/%{_target_cpu}

This is a guard against the created target rpms being accidentally
installed into your host filesystem.

> 2. what is _target_cpu?

This is set by the ltib script and depends on the platform you're
building.  This affects the name of the generated rpm file.

> 3. what is _prefix?

This is set from ltib, but for building target rpms, this will be /usr

> 4. what is DEV_IMAGE?

$DEV_IMAGE is the location of the development image.  This is an area
that serves 2 purposes: 1) the header/library interface area when
building packages.  2) the storage area for the unpacked NFS root
filesystem image.

> 5. %define pfx /opt/freescale/rootfs/%{_target_cpu}.
>    I do not see /opt/freescale/rootfs. But see
> ltib/rootfs.say

You don't need to worry about this.  This is uses to prevent accidental
installation in the wrong area.  %pfx is set as the packages prefix and
is overridden when ltib installs the package into <ltib>/rootfs

> May I the way to add kernel module and user package
> are same?

Kernels use template spec files, these only include a list of
sources/patches (see dist/lfs-5.1/kernel for examples).  These get
introduced into LTIB in a different way.  To add a different kernel, you
need to edit config/platform/<target>/main.lkc and add the correct
references to it (in the choice list etc).  This is discussed in the
LtibFaq