Re: [Ltib] Porting asterisk to ltib

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Porting asterisk to ltib
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:17:15 +0100

Hi Vadim,

Take a look at dist/lfs-5.1/busybox/busybox.spec which needs something
similar.

Basically you need a clause in the build section of the spec file like
(sub busybox for zaptel):

if [ -n "$PKG_BUSYBOX_WANT_CF" -o -n "$SCB_WANT_CF" ]
then
    make menuconfig HOSTCC="$BUILDCC"
    cp .config $PLATFORM_PATH/$PKG_BUSYBOX_PRECONFIG
else
    yes "" | make config HOSTCC="$BUILDCC"
fi

The in config/userspace/packages.lkc you need to add your package.  Look
at busybox again to get the idea.  Finally you need to add a mapping for
your package name to spec file names in config/userspace/pkg_map.  All
this is described in the faq (see bitshrine.org or the doc directory).

The group depends on what it does, the list you can chose from is
defined in /usr/share/doc/rpm-<ver>/GROUPS, but basically something from
this list:

Amusements/Games
Amusements/Graphics
Applications/Archiving
Applications/Communications
Applications/Databases
Applications/Editors
Applications/Emulators
Applications/Engineering
Applications/File
Applications/Internet
Applications/Multimedia
Applications/Productivity
Applications/Publishing
Applications/System
Applications/Text
Development/Debuggers
Development/Languages
Development/Libraries
Development/System
Development/Tools
Documentation
System Environment/Base
System Environment/Daemons
System Environment/Kernel
System Environment/Libraries
System Environment/Shells
User Interface/Desktops
User Interface/X
User Interface/X Hardware Support

Also, if you're package is kernel drivers, you'll need to add the
clause:select PKG_KERNEL_LEAVESRC to your entry in packages.lkc.  For an
example of how to build kernel modules outside the kernel tree, look at:
config/userspace/package.lkc : PKG_HELLOWORLD_MOD and the corresponding
spec file: dist/lfs-5.1/helloworld/hello_mod.spec

Regards, Stuart