[Ltib] Freescale BSP for MPC8315E-RDB memory initialization

From: Eriko Werbet
Subject: [Ltib] Freescale BSP for MPC8315E-RDB memory initialization
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:56:14 -0300

Hi,

I'm currently working in a new project that will use a MPC8315E microprocessor. I just got the BSP for the corresponding RDB, and I was wondering if it is possible to initialize different DDR2 memory chips without changing the BSP's memory initialization code.I'll probably use two 64x16 banks from Micron, instead of the 32x16 Hynyx ones that are part of  the RDB in my project. I mean, is that BSP's memory initialization code exclusively aimed to those Hynyx banks, or does it work for different suppliers and memory configs? I have already searched for that info in the BSP documentation, but I couldn't find anything related to it at all.

Thank you for you help.

Eriko Werbet.