[Ltib] reg board boot up

From: Linux Newbie
Subject: [Ltib] reg board boot up
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:05:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am using Coldfire processor and through ltib kernel image is being generated.
In my board, boot up process is :
1) Bootstrap is executed which initializes the hardware and then the kernel image is downloaded on SDRAM.
2) Kernel after doing initializations and starting the necessary services gives control to the application.

The problem area is the drive strength. If I set the SDRAM signals drive strength as 16mA then the board speed slows down from the time /sbin/init is started by the kernel and it takes around 5-9 minutes for the application to start. If i increase the drive strength of SDRAM signals to 24mA (the max value) the board boots up in 2 minutes (thsi is the actual case).

Actually what i could figure out was the bootstrap and the kernel initializations are single threaded application and once kernel start the /sbin/init, from there it becomes multi threaded. so could this be the reason?

Can anyone suggest where the problem area is or if this is not the correct forum then where to go ?

Thanks in advance!!
Linux_newbie