Re: [Ltib] Re: New X.Org packages for Ltib

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Re: New X.Org packages for Ltib
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:31:11 +0100

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the contribution, when I get a change I'll take a look.  By
way of heads up, various people have approached extending LTIB to
include graphics in different ways.  We had some framebuffer (gtk/cairo)
and some other attempts.  My feeling is that rather than grow LTIB into
a distribution, I'd rather build a real distribution once we want to
expand beyond a 'thin client'.  All this is rather nebulous as more and
more embedded platforms have graphics on them and so the line is
blurred.  Having said all that, my instinct is that once you want
graphics we'd use LTIB as a bootstrap to build Gentoo.  Using distcc to
access the host cross compiler, this should be reasonable, even for the
most humble processor.  This is futures, but I thought I'd let people
know my preferred direction.

Regards, Stuart