Re: [Ltib] Where does LTIB find /opt/freescale/pkgs as where to look for

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Where does LTIB find /opt/freescale/pkgs as where to look for source/patch files?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:28:09 +0000

Hi Peter,

For just the local package cache (xxx/pkgs), the only thing that affects
this should be the %lpp and %ldirs entry in your .ltibrc (or ~/.ltibrc).
If you notice %ldirs adds /opt/freescale/pkgs for the Savannah version.
The idea of this is so that if you already have a bunch of files
in /opt/freescale/pkgs, you don't re-download them.

To change the base directory (fundamentally) you need to make the
following changes.

There are 2 setting for the base dir, it can be:

/opt/freescale   : Freescale BSPs
/opt/ltib        : Savannah

This example shows the mutation from freescale to ltib (I've hand edited
to make the diffs more intelligible):

---+ .ltibrc

%lpp
- /opt/freescale/pkgs
+ /opt/ltib/pkgs

%ldirs
/var/tmp/pkgs
+/opt/freescale/pkgs

---+ ltib

-$bdir = "/opt/freescale";
+$bdir = "/opt";

-    lpp          => "$bdir/pkgs",
+    lpp          => "$bdir/ltib/pkgs",

---+ dist/lfs-5.1/rpm/rpm-fs.spec

-mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{base}/pkgs
-chmod 777 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{base}/pkgs
+mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{base}/ltib/pkgs
+chmod 777 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{base}/ltib/pkgs

Regards, Stuart