Re: [Ltib] Library path issue [Newbie]

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Library path issue [Newbie]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:41:27 +0000

Hi Thierry,

libtool is a problem when it comes to cross compiling unless you're
careful.  My advice is:

1/ Make sure any packages you have don't create any .la files under the
rootfs area.  If they do you need to add this after the 'make install..'
in your spec file:
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%{_prefix}/lib/ -name "*.la" | xargs rm -f

2/ Sometimes you need to edit libtool after configure generates it to
clean up for example: sys_lib_search_path_spec.  Take a look at for
example php.spec.  Fortunately this isn't so common.

Regards, Stuart